View Single Post
Old 25-05-19, 21:20

This last week I was able to go through both the Remote Receiver and Main Set Receiver and clean all the accessible switch contacts.

Immediately after the cleaning, there was a noticeable improvement in the operation of the meter switch in both receivers. I am going to let everything dry for 24 hours before powering up the receivers to see what other changes become evident. Not an actual requirement of the process, but I have enough other things to do (Insert ‘yard work’ here) to keep me occupied in the interim.

One other thing I took the time to look at more closely was the FREQ. ADJUST. Control situated directly above the Frequency Dal. The one on my Main Set Receiver, as I think I mentioned a while back, is very stiff. I discovered the one on the Remote Receiver has a ring of heavy grease around the perimeter of the tension and locking disk. The one on the Main Set Receiver did not. The first attachment is the Master Parts List illustration of this item. The photo attached is of the offending piece in situ.

After cleaning the disk assembly and adding some grease, there was about a 25% improvement in the operation of the control. Still a little too much tension on the disk itself and I will explore this issue eventually.

Other than that, the dandelions keep calling my name.

David
Attached Thumbnails
INDUCTANCES, RF, w:Vernier  (ZA:CAN 4321) A.jpg   INDUCTANCES, RF, w:Vernier (ZA:CAN 4321) B.JPG