View Single Post
Old 23-07-18, 20:37

Default Let Me Introduce Myself

Name is Matthew or Matt. I'll go by either. I live in West Virginia, USA and do not have military service. But I did work as a civilian contractor in Afghanistan for two years and then a year in Iraq.

I have a US 1967 M151A1 that I've begun restoring. But my reason for coming here is different. I've scoured the web for information on a very particular topic and of what little information is out there a high concentration is on this forum.

I am a Salvationist and volunteer with The Salvation Army as well as a WW2 reenactor. I've taken a special interest in the activities and equipment of the British Salvation Army services to H.M. Forces during the war. Mostly focused on the Mobile Canteens or often just called Mobiles. Tertiary to that is an interest in the Canadian War Services efforts by The Salvation Army and the Australian Comforts Fund and the actions of the Salvos there.

I have books on both the Canadian and Australian efforts. As of this time no book exists on the British effort. I dream of one day changing that. In the meantime I'll see about some smaller articles on the topic.

Thank you for having me.
Matthew