View Single Post
Old 29-03-07, 02:42
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: Family

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Moseley
Hello Jif
Do you remember our conversation at Corowa when I said we Aussies are merely a family that you created. You categorically disputed that. If what I said wasn't true then you would have been tramping around the country by yourself, in fact you probably wouldn't even have come. The treatment you have received here in Oz is just our way of thanking you for providing a forum and a gathering of experts worldwide that we can avail ourselves of. And we are not unique as I am sure that no matter which MLU country you visit you would get the same treatment.

Thank you for what you have created.

Bob
Hear, hear, Bob, well said! While Geoff himself has said that he never really expected MLU to turn out the way it has, I know in my bones that Geoff never set out to do it for fame and fortune for himself (Still waiting for the fortune to roll in?). Despite that, MLU would NEVER have evolved into what it has become today for so many people worldwide without Geoff's unique input. Alex, I hear you when you say your manuals have brought you into contact with many people around the world who have shared interests, but for most of us there is no way we can be introduced to so many around the world without MLU. Can one person change the world? No, but they can have a positive influence on a lot of people's knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of their interests. While Rod's and Keith's websites were an important start to immortalising the CMP on the internet, it was Geoff's creation of MLU that brought about the international community we enjoy today. I now have a wide circle of friends that I can rely on for information, parts and a laugh that I would never have found without MLU. If I can respond to that friendship with any information or hospitality I can provide, it is a small price to pay for the satisfaction and enjoyment I derive from being a part of MLU.
Attached Thumbnails
img_4135_1.jpg  

Last edited by Tony Smith; 29-03-07 at 02:49.