View Single Post
Old 31-10-18, 02:15

Default Molasses

Thanks Rob for your post.

Congratulations on solving the enigma.

First let me ask a few questions . Should the links and pins be completely covered with the molasses ! How long should i let them stand in the bath ? I intend to use the pressure washer to clean them once the treatment is over . Is it a good idea given water will bring rust ? Should i use paint tinner ?

Now the source. I went to a local feed store . It is a coop run by and for local farmers . I buy tractor parts and feed / salt licks for my deer / moose hunting there . The regular molasses is for mixing with animal feed . The price is $80 for the molasses and $ 29 for the barrel and plumbing ( faucet/ spigot ) . If you return the barrel they refund you the $20. If you are good with the clerk , he / she will sell you the barrel that is past the best before date or that was contaminated and is improper to feed to animals . All the molasses sold for animal feeding is not proper for human consumption.

I paid $50 for the spoiled batch i bought and my spare tracks are bathing as we speak in 20 Gallons of the stuff. Sweet smell in my hangar ...
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 31-10-18 at 03:46.