View Single Post
Old 25-04-04, 10:23

Default Re: Scottish Nationalism

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Question - haven't heard much recently, what's the status socially and politically? And how does it interface with this whole EU thing? Will it be a factor in the coming EU vote?
Going for a ciggie now...
1. Good.
2. Don't know, and I live here...
3. It doesn't.
4. Probably...:

The Scots were given just enough independence to stop them from revolting (?) but it stopped well short of complete autonomy. A lot of folk round here didn't really notice the difference until it emerges the Scottish politicians had spent £500 million (yes folks, read that figure again - we're talking enough money to build a fleet of Stollies and sail then round the world continuously at full throttle) - on a parliament building that isn't finished yet, thus proving Scottish politicians are every bit as inept as the English variety.

The bottom line would be that 'we' don't trust politicians of any nationality, but conversely there appears to be general concensus on the point that the European Parliament might offer a better chance for Scottish advancement than leaving it to those oh-so-friendly but ultimately useless people in Westminster.

Me? I want to know where the £500 million went, I'm going to stand at the border and check everybody heading south for pockets full of large denomination currency.

Gordon

smoking ? yuck, I've got trucks to do that for me.