Thread: Armour Dreams
View Single Post
Old 21-02-20, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Moore View Post
Morning Chris,
Have you got the two Black prince Books on the A13, I am a bit anal but they are, in my opinion, fantastic books and contain a mountain of technical detail. It might be worth mentioning your project on the HMVF forum. The other source of reference is a good quality model.

Regards,

Jon
Hi Jon, i have got the P.M Knight books on the A13, gives a really good account of the construction details of the tank. A tank often seen in 1940 used in France and the Western desert and here in the UK but only one left, A French museum scrapped one not that long ago I have also bought a good quality model like you mentioned but it will be a tape measure job to proof scale the sizes. As for drawings i am finding it difficult to find anything really especially hull plate sizes etc, i even tried Bovington but the didnt have much. I do wonder where these factory drawings went on most British tanks as its a bit of a mystery, i have asked all over, someone sitting on them.
As for your mould to cast the urethane i have noticed that tank bogie wheels have groves in them or raised steps to stop the rubbers sliding off, the A13 has them on their aluminium wheels they use.
Attached Thumbnails
5E3A1A2F-F668-4365-A498-900F12991CC7.jpeg   299DE747-8E85-422A-A47C-EF0F5AA963F4.jpeg