View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 02:20

Default TERMINALS, Aerial, No. C1 ZA/CAN 4716

I have been side tracked for the last couple of weeks with the discovery and purchase of a minty Tektronix Type 500A Oscilloscope Cart for the Type 545A Oscilloscope I restored earlier this year. Quite nice to be able to glide the 65 pound scope about the shop now and not have to carry it anymore.

With that out of the way, I was able to return to sorting out the shattered AE Terminal Board on the Sender front panel. Once I had drilled out the two rivets holding the remains of the original board to the front panel, I was able to measure the PCB board bits and found them to be 1/16 inch thick and was able to get an old terminal strip of this thickness from a friend in town.

With the terminals all drilled out of the donor board, I was able to scribe out the dimensions of a replacement for the Sender AE Terminal: ¾ “ x 1-1/4 inch. A 5/32-inch hole was then marked out at the centre of that board, and on either side of that hole, a 1/8-inch diameter hole, balanced on 7/8 inch centre to centre.

I drilled the holes out first while the larger sheet of PCB was easier to work with, and then used a 40 tooth per inch X-Acto back saw I bought years ago for a 1/6 Scale Tiger Tank RC Model project, to trim out the required board. Smoothed up the edges and holes with a set of X-Acto Needle Files purchased for the same RC project and another restoration task ticked off the list.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Sender AE Terminal Board 1.JPG   Sender AE Terminal Board 2.JPG   Sender AE Terminal Board 3.JPG