View Single Post
Old 17-08-18, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
Are you sure the cables are handed?
Parts list 175 dated January 1941 states the C15 uses two of cable assembly 1799285 (with *).
Parts list 197 dated August 1942 repeats the same information.
The same information is in parts list C15-02 dated August 1943.
The lists were individually typeset (different layouts) before the days of copy and paste errors but it is possible that an error got repeated.
(The lists do show different cables left and right for C15A to C60L and CGT.)

Is there any chance that at least one of the cables on the truck you are working on was replaced with a non-original cable at some point to give the impression that the cables should be different?

If you are unable to find a "close enough" cable, have you considered whether any of the cables are similar enough that they could be modified to suit. I have just gone through this with parking brake cables for a 15cwt CMP trailer. Either makers of control cables for trucks or aircraft may be able to help you.
Agree both C8 and C15 are not handed. The ones off my C15 are similarly not handed. I wonder if Alex is meaning the civvy ones he picked up off Ebay are handed?

My Opel Olympia uses cables on all the brakes (no hydraulics!), and I got new replacements manufactured. I could only get the replacements with a plastic sheath, not wire wrapped. Ok for the Opel, but there's no easy way to hide the cables on a C15 water tanker!

I see LWD have cables available for the F15. Does anybody know how much different the F15 cables are?

Owen.
1936 Opel Olympia
MVPA # 39159
MVT # 19406