View Single Post
Old 16-12-17, 23:12

Default Wireless Set No. 52 Cdn, Carriers No.4

Anyone who has been up close and personal with one of these, please feel free to weigh in.

I am trying to determine if it would be easier (cheaper) to have an original of these detailed for appropriate drawings, such that a metal shop could clone one, or if it would be a better option to just wait and hope to trip over an original? I am assuming that the metalwork that went into the fabrication of these carriers was all standard sized stock, so that nothing requiring extensive custom work would create headaches.

I believe the electrical connections between the various component plugs was run through an accessible conduit at the back of the carrier somewhere, so finding the appropriate plugs would be the major issue in that regard.

The other thing I am not certain of is that these carriers apparently come in two parts: the basic metal box with supporting electricals, and some form of cradle/frame that supports the former item via six rubber shock mounts. I am curious if these rubber shock mounts are the same Bridges used to mount 19-Set Carriers No. 21 and 22.

David