View Single Post
Old 17-12-17, 00:33
GM Fox I

Say....I have a spare 52 set ATU here. Not the greatest but it's yours if you want it.

I know what you mean about not knowing and passing things by. I recall seeing an 'odd' 19 set in King Sol's in Toronto years ago (you could only get upstairs when the boss was out and I suspect the guy was taking our cash for 19 set parts and putting it in his pocket). Ho hum at the time, I now know it was an amplified 19 set on its correct carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
Thanks for the offer, Bruce. I will keep it in mind.

It would not surprise me in the least if I have actually sat one one for lunch years ago while visiting any one of three popular surplus dealers out this way. All three had loads of 19-Set bits (the main attraction back then) with other wireless items I was not that familiar with. Did pick up an Antennae Tuning Unit from one of them and had it gathering dust in the basement for 10 years or more before learning what it was. One of the joys of the pre-computer era. Then kept it another 10 years before giving it away as the odds of being able to focus on a 52-Set were pretty remote.

David