View Single Post
Old 17-12-17, 15:08
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
Morning, Chris.

Based solely on my observations of a main 52-Set Receiver, I would say the connector plugs on the Transmitter, PSU and Receiver of the 52-Set are all “female”, in that the terminal posts within their plugs are all twin stub clips.

That would suggest the four plug assemblies running along the upper rear of the Carriers No. 4 consist of single stub blades that slide into the clips on the three component plugs when the components are mounted into the Carrier. That would make the four Carrier Plug assemblies “male”.

The other ‘unknown’ I have at the moment is how the wiring between the four plugs on the Carrier No. 4 was actually carried out. Were special loomed cables pre-assembled to make these connections within the conduit running along the back of the Carrier, or, were individual wires used to connect each relevant plug terminal pair?

David

Edit: PS. This is where a copy of a REME Shop Maintenance Manual for the Wireless Set No. 52 would come in real handy, wouldn’t it?
Drat! Yes, I've just had a closer look at Wireless for the Warrior Volume 2 and although everything is marked as PL-nn, the removable units clearly say 'Socket' and I misinterpreted the drawing of the connector strip as socket contacts when they look more like blades on closer inspection. Scratch that idea. My connectors are obviously from someone who stripped down the modules and not the outer case.

The interconnect in the case appears to have been done with individual wires, looking in WftW.

The WS19 archive appears to have a complete set of EMERs for the WS52.

Chris.