Thread: Wanted: 1 inch webbing buckles.
View Single Post
Old 19-01-20, 11:50
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Thanks all for the offers and links.

Mike C- thank you for the suggestion and generous offer, but I shall keep hunting the cast originals. My current canvas top has the stamped type like Beechwood and Weebee sell (it's a Weebee top).There is a vast difference between the repro ones which mimic the late MB/GPW shape from these vendors and these original earlier ones. I`ll investigate what McMaster Carr is selling though!

maple_leaf_eh: Thanks too. i`l do some digging under that different search term which I hadn't used before.

Alex. Thank you too. I`ll follow up the vendor and see if they have the style i`m chasing!

Mike K- I had always called them wire buckles, but a few of them do have some casting marks on them, but i have also seen some which look very much like wire! Perhaps bending them up from wire and stripping reproduction ones for their stamped tooth slider is an option.... Hmmm!!! I`ll have a play as that might be an option for the 'wire' (lower in above picture) style.

Its been several years since I started looking. They turn up in dribs and drabs, one or two at a time... slow and steady!

Cheers all and thanks again,
Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net