View Single Post
Old 13-05-06, 00:16

Default Re: the saga continues

Quote:
Originally posted by robobmc
she started popping back through the manifold,the starter motor jammed on , and sparks started coming from the driver's control panel resulting in a plenum chamber fire the likes I have never seen before. After about 5 minutes of jumping up & down screaming "FIRE FIRE" mad hand turret traversing to gain acess to the batteries in wich the oil cooler sustained minor crushing 4 litres of water was poured down the inlets to extinguish the flames.

ha ha

Rob,

Reminds me of a few years ago, when I was asked by a museum to get their Cent running, it had stood outside for some time and the petrol was definitely off. No sign of life on turning it over. I took the top of an air cleaner and squirted some fresh petrol down the intake pipe. Got one of the museum staff with a fire extinguisher at the ready, while I got in the drivers compartment. After a few turns she fired up and carried on, along with a large cloud of smoke. I could not see anyone about, so stopped the engine and dismounted, when I eventually found the staff member, he said he thought that if there was a fire, it was not the place to be so he went off

Richard