View Single Post
Old 21-12-03, 11:51
Matt

Default Re: Dougie--your avatar

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Is that a Plessey ATU for an RS C42 set that I see?

Got any other bits and pieces?
I thought it was a clansman ATU (Racal) - I pinched the picture from a web site, as I haven't got round to taking a picture of one of mine. I've got an Ex british army FFR landrover that I'm fitting with clansman gear(Johnsons of Leed's seem to be the best source in the UK). I've got the corpse of a C13 with it's harness and a couple of other larkspur radio's with no harness and a R107 and a canadian 19 set. Unfortunately only my clansman set work's, the other's need repairs to greater or lesser extents. (the 107 should be the easiest, as it was working when I got it). I'm a bit of a magpie I can't resist military radio gear (or any intresting military gear for that matter-Paticularly wartiime)
I would love to get either a wartime fat or radio truck, but storage always seem's to be the major problem.
Actually can anyone reading this suggest any good web sites that show the radio gear in situ? There's been some lovely pictures on this forum of the vehicles themselves, but they always look a bit bare inside. The royal signals museum at blandford camp have a lovely armoured command vehicle, but I couldn't sneek it out under my coat. There's no pictures of it on the web site, it's worth a quick browse anyway if your a radio fan ( http://www.royalsignals.army.org.uk/default.htm )