View Single Post
Old 17-11-16, 23:22
carrier mech

Default Christmas Carrier

The base directed the RCA Museum to enter a vehicle into the local City's annual Santa Parade. So, as usual, this stuff travels downhill. The initial direction was for a Jeep, but I did that last year. I asked to use a carrier, as I thought it was a nice flat slate to put decorations on. I am no artist, and while I might have some kind of vision in my head to start with, it gets varied depending on what bells and bobbles I find at the Christmas stores. In the end, it's for the kids, and they are not overly discerning.

The decorations are pretty much done now. Tomorrow I need to install a bank of military batteries to power the converter for the lights and the fan driven blow up snowman. Time and energy permitting, I would like to add music to the vehicle as well, but at this point it's not looking good.

The base mascot will meet me downtown on Saturday for the parade. It will be a long drive into town, for while it is only about 15 miles or so, if one goes much over 30 kmh the decorations either break or fly off. It will be trailered in mind you. While the temps are now forecast for a balmy -1C, even I am not crazy enough to try and drive a carrier into the city.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00682.jpg   DSC00679.jpg   DSC00681.jpg   DSC00680.jpg