View Single Post
Old 19-11-16, 17:46
carrier mech

Trust me, I am no visionary, and I routinely mock those that have artistic abilities as Liberals. I only think in right angles, with equal, balancing opposites.

Decorating something like this is kind of like when you put an introvert into a costume. The inhibitions disappear, and they might actually wave at a stranger, or talk to a woman.

I went to Walmart last night to look for some Christmas music to play during the parade. I bought something called "the greatest ever Christmas Dance Party Megamix", hoping to get something a little more upbeat than the usual Christmas tunes. (I also replaced my damaged Johnny Cash album, as I had realized that day how much I missed it). Upon putting the Christmas CD into the player in the truck, I was at first horrified to find they had combined disco music with the Christmas songs. Every song started off like something from the village people before turning into some kind of Christmas Classic mix. The absurdity of it quickly grew on me, and I can't imagine any other music with this vehicle. This way, anybody who knows me will realize that I am not serious about any of this.

The music gave me the vision of using the MLVW next year, configured to flat deck with "snow bunnies" go-go dancing to the Christmas music. I suspect that would be the last time they ask me to make the float.

That would replace my current vision of converting the lynx scout car into a rolling 12 foot high Christmas tree. I'm not sure where the madness comes from...I am not a Lilberal thinker but am surrounded by some at work.

Below is last years Jeep entry, which won "best vehicle".
Attached Thumbnails
parade jeep.jpg