View Single Post
Old 09-09-17, 05:19

Default Colour schemes and other issues

I was going to pop down today and do my bit but was feeling a bit flat after the shellacking the catters got last night... . i've a few odds and sods here to work on here though.

The Vehicles show signs of being painted probably Scc15 OD, but as they never saw service here and theres a gazillion Olive drab trucks around, we've gone for something a bit more British.

The scheme is going to be SCC2 Brown with SCC 14 grey-black disruptive over the top (variants of MTP 46a schemes, one of which is the well known Mickey mouse pattern). This is a scheme that was seen from late 42 till the end of the war, even though it was officially phased out mid 44. This is why everything that has top coat is Poo brown

I'm pareticularly looking forward to put all the formation signs, gas paint splodge etc etc, make it really stand out from the crowd.

The paints are based on the blends researched by Mike Starmer, using mixs of readily available hobby paints and based on extant examples and colour chips.

We're settling on a egg shell semi gloss for finish, John has had a bad experience using flatting media, most tilly pics seem to have a slight sheen.

Ownership? well, we have a co- funder so the plan is to get one each, I think I 'll get the last one as i want to keep the energy up to keep the project going, he has magnanimously said I can to drive the first one while the second one is being worked on.