View Single Post
Old 10-11-20, 21:57

Default COUNTERS, 0/9999 2-3/4 inch x 1-3/8 inch x 1-7/8 inch, No. C1 ZA/CAN 4642

This is the first step that I have thought my way through in regards to being able to reset the four digit indicator for the 7 – 16 MC PA TUNING, COUNTERS.

I need to know the centre point of the indicator dial when it is mounted to the front panel of the Sender, without the front panel being installed, as it is impossible to work on these COUNTERS with the front panel in place. So I need to create a temporary set of x-axis and y-axis reference points.

I did this by first setting up small strips of masking tape on the top and sides of the chassis, where the requited axes would be located. I then reattached the front panel to the chassis with the two upper corner screws and marked the relevant axes marks with an adjustable square, on the side tapes. When the front panel was removed once more, the location marks on the sides were transferred to the tape strips on the front of the chassis.

In the second photo, you can see the two COUNTERS temporarily blocked in their correct positions. Note that although the 1.75 – 8 MC PA TUNING indicator (on the left in this orientation) reads a correct ‘0000’, the 8 – 16 MC PA TUNING indicator on the right has the lowest digit stuck at ‘3/4’. In this position, the Tuning Coil and its related flexible coupling attached to the COUNTERS, are all correctly oriented, as is the COUNTERS itself. What I have to sort out is the best means of keeping the COUNTERS in that position while disconnecting the two sections of the gear drive on it from each other. If I can do that, then I can reset the indicator dial to ‘0000’ and carefully reconnect the two sections of gears, thereby locking the dial back into its correct reading when in its correct final position for reattaching to the front panel.

More on this as I sort it out.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender 53.JPG   WS No. 52 Sender 54.JPG