View Single Post
Old 15-04-11, 16:26

Default 3 tone paint

Hello Folks

As Rob and i have indicated, from the paint chips in the book and the paint codes, both the greens used in the camouflage are darker than the Pea green.

As seen from my previous photo of the M151a2, these will fade to a light green. (This fading has confused the issue of pea green as those of us who did not see a new paint job only saw the light green (faded) paint on the vehicles while in service.That is all i ever saw and was told it was a pea green years later).

Here are the two cans of original paint, 503-321 green and 503-121 olive drab. Both of these are dark.

Also attached is the can of camouflage (pea) green, which is the same as Steves sample earlier. I went back to the original provider and they had disposed of all their original books and files. As indicated this paint matched that of unfaded paint on my M151a2 windshield vents.

I have found somewhere on the web a photo of a deuce and a half with a water trailer. The trailer looks like it has a pea green in it similar to the camouflage green that i have in my can. I know this does not help the question, is it pea green or is it faded. (This photo is from Ed Storey's vast collection, thanks).

Regardless this is an interesting discussion.

thanks
Eric
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0820.jpg   DSCN0821.jpg   DSCN0822.jpg   S16-10.jpg  

Last edited by Eric B; 15-04-11 at 19:05. Reason: photo credit to Ed Storey