View Single Post
Old 12-12-06, 14:14
Vets Dottir

Yes, am up yet again and not one to be doing nothing in my insomniac moments, I've been reading some forms that came with the passport package ... and found some 1-800 numbers, which I've called. The calls and information on the forms CONTRADICT what I was told about having to send my application to OTTAWA when mailing app's in. Correct place to mail/courier submissions of passport applications is to head PP office at Gatineau, Quebec

SO ... please ignore the previous post I did about the Ottawa area guarantor and PP office, and I really DO apologize for firing before I had the right target. In fact, I'm going to go back and edit that post when I'm done this one ... clean up the confusion, as it were ..... and again, I'm sorry.

The fastest passport seems to be to go in to the nearest office that accepts submissions (Calgary for me) ONE of the offices (they've got 2) in Calgary, the DOWNTOWN office, can speed things up to accommodate travel, as I understand it. IF I make it to Calgary for Christmas (iffy still) and have my guarantor all sorted out and properly filled in the forms etc, then its just a matter of dropping off the app's, relaxing, and waiting for them to mail me my passport.

Am NOW trying to think who I might know in Calgary area who would qualify for me (crazy woman can't make up her mind ) The people/couple I'm going to ask to be my 2 references, as well as emergency contact, have known me and my kids for about 30 or so years, but they don't fit the list descriptions of qualified guarantors (a social worker and a medical researcher) They live at the Coast.

GEOFF ... I just keep wondering how you came up with the idea that it only takes about 3 days to get a passport when we first discussed "how long"? Did you perhaps get one that fast? Or was it actually a renewal or address change for a passport you already had? Because everything I'm finding out is pointing to it takes a long time ...