View Single Post
Old 13-12-06, 13:35
Vets Dottir

Default Re: "meds"

Quote:
Originally posted by grant fincher
If you a have a quantity of drugs with you, bring your prescriptions and a letter from your Doctor, so customs know they are for your use for the duration of your stay. There are lots of travellers who rely on large quantites of medecine so you will not be seen as unusual as long as you can prove they are for your use.
We all look forward to seeing you here next year, so enjoy the adventure of organising yourself to the other side of the globe.
Rule of thumb with international travel "Hurry Up and Wait"
Regards
Grant Fincher
Hi Grant, thank you as well for the great idea regards the docs letter explaining. I'll ask about that when I talk to him as well.

I understand that meds can be a problem if they're approved at home country, but not approved in the country visited. I hope all of my meds are a non-issue. I'm on a few different meds, one for sure that I can't abruptly stop, so can't be without them, short of them, or lose them Could cause a serious health crisis for me. (yes the prednisone. Been on it too long now to not be gently tapered off, which would likely take months to do it safely)

I'm totally enjoying myself with all of this already. Everything about this is totally novel and new to me ... just think of how much more interesting and fun it will be once my plane has touched down in the land of OZ

I really try not to count my chickens before they're hatched ... I think I maybe won't even ever really believe this is happening until I'm in the air enroute to you all, in spite of the preparations still, I "hurry up and wait ... "

Yes, I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

Well, my heat pad is ready for me now. I got up to do the old uncooked rice in the tied off sock, and into the microwave for a minute bit ... to apply heat to an aggravated collarbone thats been a big "pain" all day. If any of you have never tried it, it works, and a sock is perfect ... placing it it molds to your shape and is quite effective as heating pads go. WAY better than the $30 heating pad I bought and ended up taking back cuz it was almost useless The old sock trick is great for arthritis troubles.

Back soon.

Karmen