Thread: CFTA Meaford
View Single Post
Old 08-09-07, 21:41

Default CFTA Meaford

It's funny how people see the same place so differently.
On another Thread in Military History & Equipment, Mark Tonner said that, Meaford was the Arse of the Earth, (or words to that effect), I on the other hand, have a lot of good memories....as a passenger in a Single Otter, white knuckled, landing on a grass feild....leading a 4-man Recce at Oh-Dark-Buffalo down off the Niagra Escarpment down to the region of 7th Line Camp and trying not to kill us all in the attempt...stealing a 3/4T, stacking my Course staff in the back and going AWOL to Sauble Beach for an afternoon BBQ at my parents cottage.....en force on Winterex with CSM K Morrison, on snowshoes waddling down the 7th Line, get bumped, jump off the road and go to ground behind some big rocks, para flare pops and the CSM discovers he has taken cover behind a headstone belonging to a somewhat less alive K. Morrison RIP. (I split a gut over that one)
Of course it was'nt all fun and games, but I'm old now, and if I want to purge all the Crap out of my few remaining memory cells to leave room for the good stuff, well so be it!
Now that Shiite hole Petawawa.........

Cheers