View Single Post
Old 15-08-18, 17:11

Default curtain bag's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
David,

Today I checked the bag I have (with the brass eyelets) and it doesn't fit quite right in my Ford F15A. I noted there are two types of hooks on both Fords and Chevrolets - see my postings above - and my F15A has the shorter of the two Ford hooks. In my opinion, the bag hangs too high. If the side screens are in the bag, the top of the bag protudes above the lower edge of the rear window.

Also, the first pattern bag with the brass eyelets has a strap on the bottom, but my Ford does not have anything fitted to the floor / lower cab edge where the strap could be fitted through. Can anyne with a Chevrolet check if there is some kind of eyelet on the cab floor?

So I agree with you: the first pattern bag shown, with the canvas straps and brass eyelets would fit the Chevrolet hooks, the second pattern with two rows of canvas straps would (better) fit the flatter, angular, hooks in the Ford cab.

Can anyone confirm / add to this?

Hanno
  • First pattern - for Chevrolet?

• Second pattern - for Ford?

Hey Hanno

I think this might be the solution to your question for the curtain bag with a strap at the bottom.

the following pictures were taken in a c15a 13 cab of 1944.

here on the bottom of the rear wall a footman loop is mounted probably to attach the belt.

also as you can see, this has round hooks to hang the bag.

guy.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0029.jpg   IMAG0030.jpg   IMAG0031.jpg