View Single Post
Old 03-11-07, 12:10
James Plush

The prices were remarkabley high for some items a MB-F1 manual sold for as high as $120 and a spare parts manual sold for $100 ,i managed to get one of the MB-C1 manuals for $60 and a RAAF version of the MB-F1 manual for $80. I also met Ryan at the Clearance sale as well as Ron Schneider and four new Blitz owner contacts who were all told to hurry up and sign up to MLU so we can help them with there projects .

The New owner of the F60L is a ex 2RAR trooper who was a ACCO driver , he is quite keen to get the F60L back on the road to haul his collection of Fordson tractors to events .

The New Owner of the C15A is a MLU`er or has been and mainly bought it for the tray to finish off his C15A for Corowa 2009 , he seemed quite happy with the tray and likes a little challenge . I also spoke to the previous owner of the truck who knows where the original Sig Van body is that was removed from the truck .

Unfortunately the Chev crane was snaffled up by a scrappy who also managed to get two of the 24 stud blitz motors that were there as well as nearly 60% of the other items at auction .

The strickland motor was bought by parties unknown but i did overhear that it was going to be used to repower another Blitz somewhere .

The tray on the F60l was indentified late in the day as previously belonging to a Studebaker or GMC Military truck . Also spotted around the stuff present was a carrier wheel ,card board 50mm?? shell packaging ,a pair of Large Fuel tanks possibly from an ACCO , numerous small military boxes and tin containers some of which i will hopefully be recieving photos of to post on MLU .

Now its photo time