View Single Post
Old 31-01-14, 10:11
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
Laws around the banning of symbols of hatred relate solely to incitement, they specifically exclude historical images. Otherwise you'd have to ban every photo of Hitler ever taken, and for that matter just about every photo taken in Germany from 1933 to 1945! Not to mention the rest of Europe, plus the Russian campaign, Afrika Korps, Hollywood movies, etc. etc. etc...

I notice the Israeli govt. is currently moving to ban the word "Nazi" in everyday use, punishable by up to 6 months imprisonment, on the grounds that it trivializes the word. Bizarre!
Tony, Ryan, let's please keep this on-topic.

The stuff you are posting on here can be seen world wide and it is a fact that different countries have different laws regarding the display of nazi symbols.
Also, what some people do not find offending, others do. I still remember the first time I went to Beltring and I was astounded to see re-enactors manning a German roadblock to check entry passes. I was born decades after WW2 but I could fell the chill down my spine, just like my grandparents must have felt when they encountered the occupying forces day after day for 5 long years....

Hanno