View Single Post
Old 24-01-07, 21:37
Mr. HUP

Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
Wow!
Ok, so my last missive was short on details. I'll try to add some info about the event here, since I didn't bring my camera (thankfully, there were others that had the foresight to do so).

It was a great opportunity to "put names to faces" as Geoff mentioned, to network, to swap BS and to enjoy the company of similarly afflicted rusty old truckers. Contacts were made for services and products. You need glass cut for your windscreen, or the gasket material to set the glass in place? You need canvas items made up for your seats etc? You need to swap parts? Do you need someone to do some wood work or welding? Or, do you just want to sit down and listen in to a bunch of crazy coots with wild imaginations? The Rotters meeting is the place to do this and so much more.

Mike (AKA Gunner) put on a great slideshow of S&P museum activities and his adventures in Africa – including a shot of his twin…Clive circulated drafts of his new books to rave reviews. Bill regaled us with stories of conquest and glory in Burton. Our Iltis brethren were out in good numbers and were able to identify every Iltis in Mike’s slideshow!

Special thanks go out to the girls at Gracies. In particular, I would like to thank Jessie for her service that went beyond the call of duty (it must be difficult moving in that mini-skirt and those truly seductive high heeled boots…). The Rotters acquitted themselves in the usual manner, with one exception (photos will be posted later) where a visiting dignitary bribed three lovelies to pose with him – a bad precedent, as in the past the girls used to pose for free…

In summary, it was a good bash and it established our new attendance record. Thanks to all who attended. Watch this forum for future developments including Wild Bill’s retirement activities (I won’t mentioned how many decades he has served, but suffice it to say, that as a recruit, when ordered “From the right. Number!” his front rank replied: I, II, III, IV…).