View Single Post
Old 26-02-17, 03:22

Hello all,

A recent update on the carrier restoration. Recently I've had some time available to me and some much needed cash to be able to make some progress with the restoration. So after a few weeks of work, and some very much appreciated assistance and guidance from a local fellow carrier owner I was able to have the hull stripped, sandblasted and primed in red oxide.

So what comes next? First of all I need to keep my kids out of it now that its clean and primed so that I can get it painted. Then I'll be working on all the other parts and begin to bolt things back in. Unfortunately the rubber on all the wheels has perished and is in an serviceable condition. I've already made a few enquiries about have new rubber tyres vulcanized onto the rims and so far I'm dreading what the missus will say when I tell her how much its going to cost......
Anyway, one step at a time.

I've still got no idea as to a time frame to have it finished, but that suits me just fine - it will be done when it gets done.

Enjoy the pics. As always constructive criticism and comments always welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
20170225_131514_resized.jpg   20170225_131507_resized.jpg   20170225_121405_resized.jpg   20170225_111728_resized.jpg