View Single Post
Old 20-06-18, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Ashby View Post
I would think Owen that the C15 must be lighter as it has the front beam axle as opposed to the heavy cast diff unit of the C15A also the C15 will not have the 4x4 transfer case fitted. Mikes comment is interesting I wonder why that should be ?.

Pete
I agree that the 4x4 would be significantly heavier than the 4x2, hence my confusion.

Regarding the non-stamping of the plates, maybe those trucks were supplied as chassis-cabs from the factory? If so, there would be no guarantee what type of rear body might be fitted. But then, doesn't the gross weight include the body? If so, gross weight could never change. So, the weights for a C15 would remain the same, irrespective of body type. In theory.

Maybe the factory got lazy, and missed a few. OR, maybe they were as confused as I am, and didn't bother!

My third thought: were these plates an after-thought, to be fitted 'in the field'? Seems odd that these plates are only drilled for two fixings, when four fixings would be a better solution for the size of plate.

Owen.
1936 Opel Olympia
MVPA # 39159
MVT # 19406