View Single Post
Old 08-03-24, 02:06

Pulled the engine the other night. She is one heavy power plant with the bell housing and transmission all attached. I’ve still got to build a simple wooden cart to hold this engine so it can easily be moved around the shop. Once that is done, the plan will be to pull the transmission and get it taken apart and rebuilt.

The oil filter was also removed from the frame rail. I took advantage of the warmer weather and got it all cleaned up and painted. When I was cleaning the grime off, I realized the filter had been over sprayed with KG#3. But only the side that was visible and not covered by the frame. When I removed the mounting brackets they were the proper gloss black and the filter was the early grey colour. For now the filter will stay grey. But once it’s back on the frame I plan on giving it the same overspray of KG#3

Lastly I’ve started removing the floor panels. Lots of sand, rust and other debris is coming out of the Otter. It’s amazing just how much crud has accumulated in this vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2276.jpg   IMG_2275.jpeg   IMG_2277.jpeg   IMG_2273.jpg   IMG_2274.jpg  

C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer