View Single Post
Old 12-06-09, 13:27

Default original or not ?

I do understand theres a special feeling knowing that your military vehicle was used and has seen some kind of action be it in ww2 or the gulf.
This new hull is not ment nor was it our intention to slip it in to the market as a original. I would like to think who ever buys it will have just as much fun using it as i will have with mine.
keeping history alive its the same as watching a ww2 living history group most kit and uniforms are repro but we all accept this and nobody argues about it i have a friend who has a stuart m5 the turret is a compleete repro with original parts on it you wouldnt know with out asking?
I would like to thank all the people who have spurd me on with the great comments about the rebuild of my carrier and the new build project, I have gained a new look on the war years whilst building these vehicles that is about the people and time it takes to build such a vehicle i would like to think this new build is a testerment to the hidded forces who spent long dirty days in factorys all over with out them where would we be to day?
If it sounds like iam a ranting idiot so be it iam proud of my progress with my carrier and the new build project at the end of the day we have acheived sumthing that a lot of people could only dream of we have built a vehicle that we wanted.