View Single Post
Old 20-06-22, 01:41
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
Now for some more "new to me" oddities. The variometer has a different cord coming out of it. Was this a ham radio operators post war modification?
No idea, may be specific to the Canadian amplifier. I've not seen that variometer extension before.

Quote:
Aslo, the metal plate does not match up to the wooden block on the mount. The metal plate wants flathead screws while the wooden block is not indented to accept the plate.
The block may just be a spacer because I think the variometer fits to the amplifier table frame so does not need an adapter plate

Quote:
Next photo is a lamp assembly, a smaller than usual dogbone, and a couple of little ceramic electronic items. Any help?
Third is one of the small dogbones next to the normal larger dogbone. I got about a half dozen of the regular dogbones, then some with the cord for the crystal calibrator, and the small ones with the cord for the crystal calibrator.

There was also one dogbone with a amperage meter spliced into it.
Small dogbones (6-pin - 6-pin) are for the earlier WS19 Mk.2

Lamp is the standard "Lamp Operator" - you remove the red lens and the bulb from the supply unit, screw the cable in instead, and clip the lamp somewhere where it sheds useful light without dazzling you.

The ceramic items are high-voltage silver-mica capacitors.

The dogbone with the spliced-in meter is a later bodge by someone.

Be careful with the AC power supplies: the 6X5 rectifiers are a weak point and if the insulation between the valve heater and cathode fails they can destroy the transformer.

Best regards,
Chris.