View Single Post
Old 20-06-22, 09:33
a Canuck/Brit in Blighty

WOW! what a nice bit of kit to find.

Lets start:

The amplifier/power supply sits on top of the rack over the 19 set. This rack is bolted to a bench or table. It looks like you're missing the amplifier power supply.

The variometer is standard issue for the amplifier CES. The bit on the end is a protection circuit for the 19 set. It shorts the receiver aerial input when transmitting.

Most of the cables appear to be used with the amplifier. The power supply is AC/DC so there were separate power cables.

The little grey box with a toggle switch is the send/receive switch when using the amplifier with a WS22.

The photo of the complete set is one I have had for years so I don't know where it came from. If it's from any member here please chime in. It shows cable connections.

The manual you'll want is the "Working Instructions Amplifier C19 *experimental". Chris could confirm as I think it's on the WS19 group website.

If the little AC supply for the WS19 is still good it can be used for years if care is taken. The other photo was my operating bench back in Canada. I was setting up the C19 amplifier on the left running from AC as I didn't have the four 6V 145AH batteries normally used. The 19 set on middle shelf is being run with the AC supply. The blue box to the left is a variac which I used to power the set up. It's lasted over 15 years using this method.
Attached Thumbnails
Radio_19set_mk3.jpg   shack.jpg