View Single Post
Old 23-12-22, 11:48
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Cacciamani View Post
Thanks again from all i was locked out of the site for a few days. It is still a problem for me, not seeing the embossed lines, but i have come around to Hanno's thought that it
is a standard bed which has it's lines hidden by all the add on bracktes etc. It does not have the original tailgate however and i don't know why they added conopy mounts at the front and rear of the bed when a standared bed has them build it.
But it is not necessarily as standard US bed, in fact highly unlikely it would be.

It may be the standard commercial Canadian, Standard UK or the standard local Egyptian product for those markets. It does not have to look anything like a US product. In the 1930's so much global vehicle production involved local content that it would be impractical for shipping and uneconomic to ship a bed complete with a vehicle chassis when a locally sourced factory standard item would be cheaper (and possibly more suited to local market demand).