View Single Post
Old 18-09-07, 21:47

It's been a while - sorry ! In fact several years......

But hey, I'm alive and kicking and I guess this thread is as good as any to post a few questions about Burma vehicles in WWII.

I know the British troops used Canadian and US MV's to a large degree in the "forgotten war" - I even have some footage on VHS shoving several CMP's in SE Asia, but it seems they were largely unmarked except for maybe some (white?) letters/numbers on the front bumper or doors, if any at all.

I see in this thread and the posted links that some vehicles also sported white stars on the cab doors or body.

What I'd like to know is if there is a good source for markings on these SE Asian MV's, or do I just have to study the pics in this thread/links and use my common sense and vivid imagination?

My reason for asking is that I'm doing a Burma C-15A scale model using the Italeri kit and chopping off the cab top. I'm using Mike Starmers mix for a Jungle Green SCC 13 (thanks Mike), but I'm in doubt about what markings - if any - to use.

Any good advice?

I'd also like to know if it would be all wrong to use the 2H1 composite body that comes with the kit. Or did they use locally built bodies exclusively? (I know they got CKD vehicles from GM in Canada, but I'm uncertain about the bodies). So far nobody has been able to enlighten me on this topic.

Thanks!