View Single Post
Old 20-10-07, 04:30
Corowa Project 30

Default 30 Years of Corowa

ANNOUNCING A NEW PROJECT & WEBSITE ABOUT COROWA!

G'day everyone! I'm really happy to be able to share with you news of a new endeavour I've embarked upon to celebrate the 30th year of the Corowa Swim-In, which begins in March 2009.

It was 1980 when a small group of Ford GPA owners decided to gather together, at Corowa, NSW. The location was chosen because it boasted a perfect site for the 'swim-in', along the banks of the beautiful Murray River. The first swim-in went so well that it was decided to do it again the following year; this time, more ex-military vehicle owners who had heard about the success of the first one scrambled to declare that they would like to bring their vehicles as well... and a 30-year tradition had begun!

Staged annually since then, the Corowa event has grown beyond anyone's wildest dreams, to become the premier military vehicle show in the Southern Hemisphere.

Where I fit into all this is that having attended the very first show so long ago, I have since become one of the central organisers of the event, since the 1990's. With Corowa's 30th year coming up, I have decided to begin work on a project to celebrate these 30 years, by producing a printed publication which will capture the memories of all those who have attended from the beginning onwards, in stories and photographs.

To note this, I have created a website to explain Project 30 in detail, as well as seek your input for the publication. I invite you to visit my site at Corowa Project 30, which will explain in detail just what I'm doing and what and who is involved! My site at http://www.corowa30.org is a long way from being finished right now, but we're doing a little bit every day and hope that you'll help us with your comments and suggestions. You can do just that right here...

At the same time as helping me develop the site (in conjunction with Keith Webb), Geoff Winnington-Ball ('Jif') has graciously donated me this small corner of MLU, to provide me with a place where I can interact directly online with those of you who have an interest in Corowa; many of you have already given me their support for Corowa30 and I hope to talk to many more of you as time goes on!

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to seeing you both here and there!

Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT