View Single Post
Old 06-01-23, 01:44
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Stc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff View Post
found the photo below in the same batch as the CMP wireless truck I posted earlier which leads me to believe it may be the interior of the same truck.

AWM caption ....

ID Number: P04632.003
Maker: Bilney, Leonard
Place made: North Africa: Western Desert, Western Desert (Egypt), El Alamein Area
Physical description: Black & white
Summary: Portrait of signaller K Wood, G Signals Section, 2/12 Australian Field Regiment, 9th Division, inside a signals van, operating an AWA or Standard Telephone and Cable (ST&C) No 109 wireless set. He is wearing headphones and operating a morse code key.
Credit line: Donor L Bilney
Copyright: clear
The set is a Australian STC W.S. 109 , total production of these was around 1500 units from 1939 to 1942. These sets are relatively scarce now but there are a few examples to be found if you are lucky. I have successfully used one of these sets on air in the AM mode between my location and Adelaide, a fair distance. The transmitter has provision for either a xtal frequency or the VFO. Unlike many other sets, the internal layout allows for easy access for repairs of the receiver and transmitter .

Change of subject: I did have a 1944 RAF manual for the MW Bedford fitted with a house type body . In a moment of madness I gave the manual to somebody..can't remember who.
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad