Thread: For Sale: 1945 Tanker Oversuit
View Single Post
Old 23-05-16, 20:08

Hi Tim,
It appears there are two horses in the denim CrewSuit race.

Right now, my horse in Pakistan says the mill can make a match for my original sample but a 250-500 yard run is needed. So I am checking with some makers of the two piece denim cover-alls to see if they want to buy in.

The sample of the AFW suit in the wrong fabric - dyed cotton twill - proves they can sew properly.

BUT - your horse has already made and sold theirs, and you have shown a color that while not yet the "green" as originals, at least is probably acceptible to most of us.

There really isn't room for two horses to win this race.

Personally, I am leaving it up to m,y horse to provide a sample fabric before I do anything further on the AFV Crew suit.

HOWEVER... I am proceeding to have the tan Pixies made up.

The sample sent for testing looked pretty damn good, but I had a number of details they need to fix. Also, I am DHL-ing them an original hood so they can match the wool lining.

I am also working to make up a size chart that uses the British numbering system and extend that up from the last WW2 size of Size 8 to go up to a 7 and an 8.

I have a size 2, a size 5 and a size 6 originals, so I am, measuring the actual sizes of select pattern pieces and building a scale to send the tailor.

In other words, if you know you need a size 7 to get a chest size 46, he will know how much bigger it will need to fit over your BD.

Happily, all the orders will be "made to measure" where you send in measurements over your own body wearing the most you expect to wear under the Pixie.

I may have to front paying for some stock sizes to be built to reach a minimum order, so I don't want to be stuck with a box of suits that a buyer will need to be present to try on, otherwise we get a lot of back and forth packages.

Back to the denim suits... I am still holding out for a green fabric to match and will need to reach a go/no-go point with my horse.