View Single Post
Old 27-09-19, 03:02

John, I rummaged around in the random spares we have here and found a new fuel/water separator for a Diesel engine. It makes a perfect Mityvac canister with an inlet, outlet, drain valve, and opaque bowl so you can see the level. I have attached a couple of photos. I'll mount it on the fighting compartment side of the bulkhead.

The filter head is original but there was no canister or element support hardware for it so I made a new canister from a auxiliary engine oil filter. It was heavily modified to get it to work, including shortening it. A spin on element is definitely the way to go.

6-8 mpg? That's fantastic! The manual says 1/4 mpg off road and 1/2 mpg on road so you're doing well! I did a quick calculation. Making 650 hp continuously for an hour burns 50 UK gallons. At top speed, the tank would travel 25 miles in an hour. So fuel consumption would be 1/2 mpg. So the manual numbers are based on continuous WOT operation, which is a bit unrealistic if you're just driving around a tank arena like we'll be doing.

So she's nice to drive. That's good to hear. What about the dreaded gearshifting I've heard so many bad stories about?

Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
20190926_165330.jpg   20190926_165443.jpg