View Single Post
Old 01-11-16, 03:01

Default Restoration of a M38A1-CDN3 106mm recoilless rifle Jeep

The aim of this thread will be to show a restoration of a Jeep M38A1-CDN3 recoilless rifle. The process might be a little bit longer than it appears and this is mostly because I'm totally new to this hobby. I'll be asking for help and tricks and parts during this journey. Many of my questions will sound like a total beginner which I am.

I'll try to take as many pictures as I can. I would like this thread being a good starting point for someone like me, that has no mechanic knowledge. I hope this will be inspiration for others who are thinking like me that doing this kind of magic is something impossible.

My learning curve is very steep right now but I'm highly motivated.

Why did I choose the Truck Utility 1/4 ton 4X4 M38A1-CDN3 106mm Rcl Rifl? That is pretty easy. I served 6 years in an anti-tank platoon. I did not use the the 106mm rifle but the TOW missile. The way that I'm collecting stuff is some kind related to my military career. So, I was machine gunner, I try to assemble a machine gunner outfit. I was in the anti-tank platoon, I find out it was a bit hard to find all the anti-tank outfit from WW2, so I decided to look for something younger and I found this awesome Jeep.

Let's start with the beginning, when I took possession of this Jeep, on the Hammond Barn ground and where I met some real gentlemen.

So please, feel free to make comments, to give advices, to share tricks and knowledge about anything and everything related to this Jeep. Don't be fear to stole the thread if you feel you can learn something from someone else. Sharing and having a great discussion is the good way of using social media. Alone we know only bits and pieces and in group we know almost everything. Let's this happen on this thread!