Thread: Penguin Mkll
View Single Post
Old 19-07-13, 20:34
carrier mech

When Sean delivered it last week, he had hoped the mother racoon had come back the night before for her litter. Turns out she had not, but rather she had come back for a trip to Shilo. After being constantly bugged for visits for the next couple of days, including by my ferocious dog, they apparently decided it was time to move on. I spotted a young ball of raccoon run over on the highway nearby, so it looks like they headed west.

Anyway, with the racoons gone, I decided to try and recover any markings that I could find. The vehicle had been painted yellow overall, but the Khaki paint could still be seen in areas where the paint had peeled, as well as the lower suspension. This was an ambulance, so had numerous red crosses on all four sides.

I spotted some brushed on paint towards the rear of the left side, and sanding brought up the DND number: 95-391. There were few enough of these vehicles made that eventually I hope to spot a photo of it in service.

On the front, the remnants of the command shield could be seen. Some careful sanding on the little bit of remaining shield came up with green, so this vehicle had likely belonged to Western Command at some point.

On the other side, I found the unit marking of "18 Coy" over a square of blue over yellow, diagonally divided.

Here are some shots of the finds:
Attached Thumbnails
penguinmk2 005.jpg   penguinmk2 007.jpg   penguinmk2 008.jpg   penguinmk2 010.jpg