View Single Post
Old 20-06-18, 11:06

There is no reason that the torque rod end must be removed from the axle as long as the rubber is still servicable and the thread is clean and undamaged. You could assemble the rest of the torque rod onto that end before offering up the axle with torque rod to the vehicle. It might even make manipulating the axle a little easier as it will give you a bit of a handle. Do grease the threads before assembly or they will never come apart again !

Hope your hand mends quickly, you will be amazed at how much strength you loose by not using it and it is very easy to strain muscles and tendons when you do start to do propper work again so you need to go easy for the first month that you think it is fit again. I know from when I chopped the end off a finger a long time ago. They stuck it back on but I was a long time before I had all my strength back and I felt it in my whole upper body as I had not been able to do anything heavy at all. I was very lucky because although it is a slightly odd shape it is fully functional and even has most of its feeling.

David