View Single Post
Old 07-04-08, 10:39

Default Corowa 09

Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of the committee and myself I would like to thank ALL who attended Corowa this year and especially those who assisted in any way. It was fantastic having the assistance of club members actively participting in the administration and logistics of the largest event of this type held in the country. Again thanks.

I ask if there is anyone who is prepared assist the committee by donating a small amount of time helping us to make this event happen for you, please let Jan know as soon as possible. She can let you know what jobs we need help with and what times may fit in with you.

As Jan has stated in her post, the 09 event will be even bigger. I strongly suggest that a quick 5 minute call to either Tabitha at the Corowa Jump Shak or the crew at the Van Park (or where ever you plan on staying) now will save a bit of personal angst in the weeks before the event. As stated, the 30th year of this event will be rather large to say the least. We are expecting 200 entries. Place on that an average of 3 people per vehicle entry and that equates to a lot of people wanting accommodation. Remember, this year co-incides with the 150 celebrations for the town so accommodation is expected to be at a premium.

Please book early, and if you are going to spend 5 minutes on the phone to places in Corowa looking for somewhere to stay, you may as well spend an extra 5 minutes filling out your entry & sending it to Jan.

Get it over with....

There will probably be a few changes again this coming year. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the roads and entry into the Van Park where we normally start, may not exist next year. Do not get wrapped around the axles with this. Let the committee sort it out. We have plans already under way in case this eventuates.

For those who have already registered for next year, (& there are some), thank you.

For those interested, we already have a number of armoured vehicles attending next year in addition to some (other) rather interesting entries. You will just have to come and see for yourselves.

For those who are planning on setting up a stall for the swapmeet, I suggest you bring a folding gazebo or beach umbrella. Hopefully the heat won't be so extreme next year or it may do something to our visiting Canucks........

In summary, there will be even more going on next year. Therefore I suggest that ten minutes now sorting out accommodation and sending off your entry, will save a lot of time closer to the actual event.

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..

Last edited by Ian Pullen; 07-04-08 at 10:47.