View Single Post
Old 12-05-10, 12:55
Richard Harrison

Eddy.....engine top covers etc, center bulkhead peices welded back in, intake ducting, drivers front plate gunners left plate and gunners front plate (to make the hull complete) Martyn and I (plus others i am sure) are more than willing to help, you are 3 hours from me and possibly just up the road from Martyn who lives in Lincoln. i have a cad drawing for the centre bulkhead it is made from 5mm steel so can be laser cut which mine was, i would just weld in the missing slithers rather than cut it all out, i had a good look at it when it appeared on Johns site. its an excelent project and looking at the way the drivers plate was cut it should still have the numbers in, unless they have been lost through the heat of the rose bud torch that had been used to desimate it. or it is an older Mk1

welcome to the family. ps in the spirit of the thread (tracks) the tracks and sprockets looked good on yours.......

AJ, we need to find one for you now, and we will have a full carrier platoon, would be nice to get them all liveried up the same and do some shows

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).

Last edited by RichardT10829; 12-05-10 at 13:19.