View Single Post
Old 10-01-18, 22:39

Well, another 45 minutes of research and I think I have it sorted out.

As Chris stated, one needs +12 and the lower HT voltage (+150) feed, along with a suitable Ground/Earth connection to make the Remote Supply and the 52-Set Receiver play nice with each other. So basically three connections, either end.

The Supply Connector Cable assembly does, indeed have three tabs inside it at the receiver end box. Two feed the required plus voltages to the set. The third one goes nowhere at the receiver. Turns out this is absolutely correct for the 52-Set. Ground/Earth between the 52-Set Receiver and Remote Supply is achieved by the long burled locking screw that secures the Connector Plug to the Receiver Socket.

The mystery third tab in the Connector Cable Plug, going nowhere, is also correct. It feeds to the Aerial Terminal on the end of the Connector Cable Plug. Turns out the Connector Cable (CMC 106-560) was developed by Marconi for the Wireless Set No. 9 Mk I Cdn for it’s remote receiver. In that particular No. 9 Set Remote Receiver, that Aerial Terminal tab in the Connector Cable is functional. Totally redundant for the 52-Set Remote Receiver, but more efficient for Marconi not to bother changing the design.

Apparently there is a colour difference, however. If the cover on the back of the Remote Supply Connector Cable plug is wrinkle green, the cable was built for the WS No. 9 Mk I. If it is No. 2 Brown, the cable was part of 52-Set Cdn production.

As long as the Connector Cable is a CMC 106-560, it is good for either wireless set.

David