View Single Post
Old 29-10-18, 20:21

A supply of vintage NOS Carbon Composition Resisters arrived today. The 1.2M Ohm ones needed to replace the dead pair in my Remote Receiver HT Meter Circuit. Shipped up within a week from Radio Daze.

Hopefully, once the dead pair of resisters is replaced, that final meter circuit will spring back to life and I will be that much further ahead in this phase of the project.

I was also able to spend some more time detail cleaning bits of the receiver, in particular, the tuning dial Lots of nicotine came off the parts and a bit of surface rust around the dial rim. That work seems to have removed the small radius of sticking I was experiencing when rotating the dial. I did, however discover the course control knob of the slow motion drive has a wobble to it. Odd because it does not feel loose at all. It just rotates like a bent rim on a car. I will take a closer look shortly. If it is a bent control shaft assembly, I happen to have a spare in my 19-Set Bits Box, so can swap it out if the need arises.

Once the meter is back to full functionality, it will be the valves that will get a closer inspection, which means a small hiatus from the 52-Set Project while I build a British Valve Adapter for my tube tester.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 R58A Resisters.JPG