View Single Post
Old 15-11-20, 01:48

Diagram by Louis Meultsee showing the connectors for the unit . Some Wire-5 trucks was specificaly outfitted with a 110 V generator to power this radio amplifier . All the trucks of that series were pre-wired for it . Post war they were replaced with 52 sets . The parts supply was thin . Only 500 were ever made and they were rejected by the Brits and Cdn overseas HQ as the war was winding down and the end was nearing so nothing became of it and no further units were manufactured. They have become rare and difficult to find. The particular unit i bought today was used by it’s former owner to amplify his No 19 unit as it was designed for . He told me half the city of Arthabaska Qc lost their early 50’s black & white TV signal when he transmitted . He might of been exagerating a bit but at 86 years of age i did not argue and i had great fun listening to his every stories . He lived right next door to a Christian college that was a WW2 RCAF station during the war where aircrew learned radio telegraphy !
Attached Thumbnails
BE66E27D-BEBE-4F3E-BA7E-54480AA57ACF.jpeg  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 15-11-20 at 09:41.