Thread: Parts Required
View Single Post
Old 12-02-08, 00:57

Default Consider yourself lucky they were oily.....

Hi Bob

From experience, the oily drum/linings are alwasy easier to take apart than the dry rusted solid drums.......

The worst part for leaking is the inner seal....like Phil has said the outer seal is nice to have..... I got mine from Brian...... the inner seal is readily available from Mac for 1 1/2 to 3 ton Ford axle..... if you are having trouble finding them let me know...... also the sheet metal cone that is visible in your first picture needs to be removed when you clean the baking plate and make sure the small rectangular hole at the bottom is clean up to allow any oil to drain out......remember seals are available in leather or neoprene....go for the modern one if you can as they will not dry up in your hot weather....

Same for bearings..... I know I was able to source mine for the C15a not sure if they were the same for the C60 axle..... have worked on a big one yet....
I may be able to source the bearing from Ottawa if you send me the precise ID..OD.. and thickness ....once I find the source I can turn the info to you for purchasing or can get them for you......depending on location it may be cheaper to have them shipped directly to you....

Picture shows rear cone...... seems the same size as the C60...

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
IM003026Rresized.jpg  
Canada