View Single Post
Old 31-05-12, 14:51

Default Will take a look at isolating the rockers

Hi Bob

Good idea about isolating the rocker arm assembly to see what it does to the oil pressure. Think it can be done fairly easy, if that makes the pressure jump up then that is fairly easy to rectify.

Couple of choices, as you suggested, I've got the bushings to bore and bushing the rocker individual arms, but a complete new replacement is $250. Plus I've got another used assembly that I think is good condition.

I'll try isolating the supply today, if that identifies the problem then great, if not then I think the next step will be to drop the oil pump, or brink the 216 that came out when I swapped over to the 261. I kept it complete so it would be a half days work to get it all set up again.

Don't think there is a suction leak because there doesn't seem to be any air bubbles showing in the oil. Just the normal air bubbles as the last of the air is pushed out of the oil filter even with filling the filter body with 2 quarts of oil before putting the cover on.

By the way I recovered all the oil from the oil change into clear bottles and there doesn't to be any large chunks of stuff.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com