View Single Post
Old 29-03-07, 02:02
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Family

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Moseley
Hello Jif
Do you remember our conversation at Corowa when I said we Aussies are merely a family that you created. You categorically disputed that. If what I said wasn't true then you would have been tramping around the country by yourself, in fact you probably wouldn't even have come. The treatment you have received here in Oz is just our way of thanking you for providing a forum and a gathering of experts worldwide that we can avail ourselves of. And we are not unique as I am sure that no matter which MLU country you visit you would get the same treatment.

Thank you for what you have created.

Bob
Bob, it's all of YOU who have made this what it is... I only provided the venue. BTW, I agree with the comments made ref Rod... he was one of the first, and his contribution to all this is incalculable.

I'm presently packing to be transported to Tony Smith's place, then onwards from there. I will repeat, I cannot believe that all this time has gone by so fast. That I have to leave at all is disheartening at best, but I am determined to return next year.

I shall post again before I go, but for now, things to do.

Thank you all for everything. This year is one I will NEVER forget, as long as I live.

Jif