View Single Post
Old 05-07-16, 02:40

Now we see the same truck with the canvas cover rolled up showing off the unique FFW box framework. The idea with the substantial framework was similar to the early C8/F8 wireless trucks, whereas you could remove the framework and setup a covered ground station for the wireless set.

Of note in the first picture. On the cab rear wall is a line of 3 bolts/screws. One is on the upper wall portion and two are on the lower portion. At this time the function of these is unknown. There is also two other bolt/screws on the upper wall right on the curve of the wall. Again their function is unknown to me. As per other posting on MLU there appears to have been a buzer mounted on the cab wall. Along with a headset/mic hanger. The parts manual makes mention of a different numbered rifle mount for FFW trucks to be used on the left side. As far as I know there is no further information.

Moving onto the box.
You can make out the C5 charging board mounted at the front of the box in the first picture. I beleive it is mounted to the wooden plank that runs along the top edge of the box but is attached to the canvas framework. On my original box (pictures to follow) there is an oval hole cut in the floor almost directly inbetween the charging board and where the radio table would go. To me this hole makes sense for the cableing from the chorehorse to the charging board and onto the radio batteries.

Also of note is the wooden boards that run horiziontaly along the length of the top edge of the box. These are secured to the canvas frame work with a number of brackets. The ones along the left and right side have 4 footman loopes while the front one has only 2. On both the right and left boards there are two sets of holes towards the front of the box. These are 5" apart. In the pictures it is clear something is mounted to them as the holes have bolts in them. Im not sure if there would have been various wireless headset junction boxes mounted or not.

One can also make out the three sets of spring rifle clips. Two are on the left side and one on the right side.
Attached Thumbnails
05.jpg   06.jpg   07.jpg  
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer